Disable Bitdefender Safepay™
Below is a guide to disable Safepay™ in Bitdefender
Bitdefender is great, I recommend it. However, the Safepay™ module is a bit flaky and there is little you can do to repair it, I suspect its because every website is different and some websites don't don't work as they should.
Bitdefender Safepay™ is a protected browser that provides a safe environment designed to keep your online finances secure, the problem is sometimes it just hangs.
The only solution I have been able to find is to simply disable it, here’s how:
- Open the Bitdefender control panel by clicking on the Bitdefender icon found on the desktop, Start or by the clock on the Taskbar. (Red square with a Capital ‘B’ in white)
- Click on the Safepay Tile and the Safepay browser will open up. Click on the either the cog or the three bars on the right to display a drop down menu, select Settings.
- Under General Settings, select the first drop down box entitled:
“When banking or shopping choose the option that best suits my needs:”
- Select the following from the drop-down box:
"Do not recommend me to use Safepay"
- Close the Safepay window and never suffer it again by clicking on the “X” button from the top right. You will no longer be prompted to use Safepay when opening a website.